Links to page Catagories

December 28, 2010

Computer and Back problems

Just wanted to let everyone know.  I had to stay off the computer for awhile as I have a slipped disc and setting here was very painful. Last night was my frist night to finally get some rest and am feeling better.  Yesterday my backlight on my computer screen went.  God must really want me to stay off this computer for awhile.  So until I get it fixed I have to hold a trouble light up to it to barely see the screen.  So all of this has limited my ability to blog and visit anyone..    But it has been interesting just laying around and letting my mind wonder without pressure of getting things done.   Something I haven’t experience for quite a few years now.  Life without staring into the computer for hours isn’t such a bad thing.  Anyway my friends hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas and if my computer isn’t fixed by New Years I am wishing you a Happy New Year.

Hugs Carrie

9 comments:

RedWillow said...

Hi Carrie. I havent been on my computor that much either. Your still in my thoughts and prayers. Pain is so hard to handle on any level.
I hope you continue to feel better all the time.
I did get your email. Dont worry about my blog.
Just get well . Sending prayers and lots of healing energy to you
Much Love

john bord said...

There are pains in the bottom side, then there are owyies. Sometimes the puter is that owy n pain in the posterior all at once.

Hope you had a good Christmas any way
May you have a blessed and prosperous New Year.

Jackie said...

I took a break,too. Just enjoying family and friends during the Christmas season. Take care and talk to you later!

Rocket Man said...

I've been on a sort of holiday break myself with so much going on that I haven't had much online time.

Slipped disk....man have I ever been there done that! Naproxen helps, Ibuprofen is better if your stomach can tolerate it. Plenty of rest, alternate heat and ice packs, no more than 20 minutes of either at one time. A good way to limit the time you apply the heat is to put a damp towel in the microwave for 4 minutes, fold it and apply to the effected area. It will stay hot for about 15 - 20 minutes and the moist heat helps a lot.

Unless you absolutely can't stand the pain any longer don't let the doc talk you into surgery. For every person I've talked to who had good results from surgery there has been 20 who didn't, myself included and I've had 2 surgeries.

Get better soon. I'm praying for the best for you.

GreatGranny said...

It's good to hear from, but I'm sorry you're having pain. I hope you had a nice Christmas. We finally had a White Christmas. Have a Happy New Year.

Toodie said...

Checking in here to see how you are doing.
Hope your back is better and the computer too.
HUGS!

Ramblingon said...

I was checking to see if you blogged. Girl, I sure do hope you are doing better!!

JennyD said...

...I'm ck'ing in with you, too, Carrie. Back problems are NO fun. Take it easy and know everyone is thinking of you. XOXOXO

michiko said...

I was so happy to hear that you are red drinker
thought only me talking about drinks...
other my friends are NON drinker.I just can't understand with out drink to celebrated for happy birthday etc :-)
When you said I has lots of experience in mylife
YES! I do have had a lot in past which is good ones too.

Have a good rest on your back,
Michiko