Links to page Catagories

December 12, 2010

The Joy of Christmas to Come

Well we are finally starting to feel a bit more like winter.   Our area is now covered with a white beautiful blanket of snow with more falling each day. 

My last post was about dealing with a cow and calf.  Well we were finally able to move the mother cow down the road to join up with the rest of the herd after almost of week of her wanting to stay looking for her now dead calf.  I had to go into the willows and get her out onto the road where hubby walked her almost 2 miles down the road to the next ranch.  The herd has since been moved back up to their home ranch.  No more cows roaming the valley.

PB270008          PB270009

So peace has returned to my quiet valley.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie         Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

Enjoying walks again around our property and picking our new Christmas tree.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie        Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

Hubby smoking his salmon.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie         Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

The snow is still falling off and on everyday changing the landscape with each new coating.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie 

Between snows we are getting lots of exercise shovelling snow paths to all our out building and wood piles. 

PC120009    PC120033

The yard art takes on new winter appearances.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

Of course the approach of Christmas has added more excitement and sparkle to our place.  The Christmas music is playing non-stop.   I will be hosting my annual Christmas party I have here just before Christmas.  So I have lots of preparations to make with more baking and getting food ready.  I am beginning to feel the joy again of the season.  How could one not with this peaceful scene lay-out before you.  Ever changing are my views.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

I hope all my friends and family are finding joy in this Christmas season and a chance to share with someone who is in need.

Wishing Everyone a Blessed Christmas
and a
Good Morning…  Good Afternoon…  Good Night…
What ever it is to you.

Photos & Words
by
Here I Am/Carrie

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

13 comments:

Here I Am/Carrie said...

Hello everyone, We are getting major dumps of snow requiring lots of digging out. Muscles are starting to stiffing up. We got a dump last night then turned to rain. It's heavy and hard to move requiring lots of extra work again. Will take some for me to get by and visit everyone. Till then stay warm. Hugs Carrie

JennyD said...

I cannot stop looking at your photos, Carrie. If you could see me, you'd know that I was SO into all of them that my nose was almost touching the screen. I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful surrounding for a home, and in fact, even your home is undeniably wonderful and warm and inviting. Oh, and the cow: Do you have any idea how relieved I am? Lol, I've actually thought about her every day since I read that post and worried about her. So sad, but thank goodness she's back where she belongs.
Don't hurt yourself with all that shoveling; take breaks inbetween; that's awfully hard work. I'll be thinking of you, Carrie, and I'm so grateful I know you. What a sweetheart you are, through and through :D XOXOXO

JennyD said...

....oh, and the photo of you in shadow with the Christmas tree was so ethereal that I thought I was going to have to say a prayer. Whew, that picture says a LOT!

Toodie said...

I am so in the holiday spirit after reading your post and gazing at your fab photos Carrie. So glad the cow is home where she belongs. We LOVE smoked Salmon! Please take care when shoveling my friend. Big hugs to you both!

Lisa RedWillow said...

Lovely of you and your Hubby. Love the fish smoked too.
We have alot of snow. Stay warm. Hugs.

Horst in Edmonton said...

Wow Carrie, you have taken some awesome photos of your ranch. I am so glad to see that you got that Cow back to the heard, I am disheartened to see that the neighbour, that owns the cow, could not care less to get the cow back. Unbelieveable. You have a great Christmas party, and a great Christmas.

gkunze said...

Wunderschöne Fotos,Carrie

Mei said...

Love all the pics here, you're in a wonderland, so beautiful... a little cold... yes, but so what, worth it for the beauty. Merry Christmas to you and family. Mei

Leovi said...

Cuanta belleza en estos paisajes nevados, me encantan los encuadres que realizas, proporcionando unas atractivas e interesantes perspectivas. Pero me imagino que debe de ser duro vivir rodeado de nieve durante tanto tiempo, o es con el tiempo os acostumbráis. Saludos.

Leovi said...

Much beauty in these snowy landscapes, I love the framing you do, providing a compelling and interesting perspectives. But I imagine it must be hard to live surrounded by snow for so long, or is the time you acostumbráis. Greetings.

Eddie Two Hawks said...

Love that snow; so prestine and magical. Your photos are wonderful! What a great place you live. Going out to find a tree reiminds me of living on a farm in Quebec. Countryside resembles it. snow included. You are in God's country up there! that salmon looks so good...you caught those? good eating there...keeping up with the snow is a challenge isn't it? but worth it. look at all these benefits....stay warm and happy. Merry Christmas Carrie
love, Eddie

GreatGranny said...

As always, I enjoyed your post and seeing all your photos. I'm glad the cow is back where she belongs and being cared for as well.
Merry Christmas,

Janie2 said...

ADORABLE SNOW PHOTOS!! WOW, what a birds eye view you have out there in the land of cold. I love the top of the page title photo. It shows such warmth you have for your home. It does not snow here, but we get gallons and gallons of rain. Carrie, thanks for sharing your world, it is so interesting. Your photos always pop off the page with color and definition. I admire people that that can live in weather like you. I will definitely be back to visit you often.