Links to page Catagories

August 5, 2012

Just Another Bloomen Summer

My flowers are ablaze with color and I just wanted to share all the beauty that I have been enjoying.  So in collages filled with color, here is my bloomen summer flowers that I captured and hope they bring a bit of enjoyment to you as well. 

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

Collage Daisy_tn

Collage Deck_tn

Collage Delphina_tn

Collage Fire Weed _tn

Collage Flowers-001_tn

Collage Flowers 2_tn

Collage Flowers_tn

Collage Lily_tn

Collage Lupin Bachelor Button_tn

Collage Petunia_tn

Collage Poppy_tn

Collage Red Poppy_tn

Collage Sunflower and more_tn

 

A flower of a different sort my cat Wildflower.  She loves sleeping outside nestled in the shade.  She also loves going for little walks with me near the house.  She is 16 years old and since last winter when she had to be kept inside the house all winter in California, her weight has declined considerably.  She just won’t eat all the cat foods I have tried.  She has now been hunting again and seems happier, I also found a wet food that she will eat a teaspoon a couple times a day to supplement her hunting.  She was a wild cat when we took her in 16 years ago and has always preferred a natural diet instead of cat food.

Collage Wildflower_tn

 

When taking mini vacation away from our house I have all my potting flowers and hanging baskets on automatic watering.  I have small tube hoses that run to every single pot and basket.  It takes a lot of time to get it all set up each summer and the right amount of water to everything.  But once done it allows me to go away and not have all my plants die.   I also have automatic watering on my garden and parts of the lawn.  They are just timers I put on the hoses where hooked up to the facet.  They are all battery run and seems to work well.  I only have to rotate the sprinkles in the lawn every day.  We also put up a screen tent every summer to have lunch in or sit when company comes away from the mosquitoes and flies.  Hubby enjoys and occasional nap inside it as well.

Collage House Summer_tn

 

Here I followed the progress of the Robin eggs.

Collage Baby Robin Grow_tn

 

 We are here camping again at Davis Lake which allowed a few hours extra time to prepare this blog which is way over due.  So sitting here in the motorhome with a beautiful view of the lake I got this blog done.

P8010052_tn  

I did go out fishing for a couple hours with hubby in the canoe, which will never happen again.  Of course we argued non-stop about how things should be done, where we should fish.  I can’t count how many times we both said “Shut-up and Fish”.   He caught one and I just kept getting nibbles and loosing my bait.  Well it came time where my back, shoulders and neck couldn’t take any more and needed to be dropped off at the dock.  When we arrived I could not stand up.  So very gracefully I rolled out of the canoe without upsetting it or getting dumped between dock and canoe.  I laid on my back for a minute then rolled over and very slowly got onto all fours.  By then hubby was paddling away as he didn’t want anyone to know he belonged to the blob that was rolling around on the dock.  It took a few minutes for me to get up and take a few steps.  I did recover quickly after all my seized parts loosened up again.  Hubby later said he wished he could have video taped it as he never saw anything so funny.   All I could say was lets see anyone else try rolling out of a canoe with such grace as not to dump it.  So back to shore fishing for me.

Sorry to not write much here, but I think the flowers say it all.  We had some rain showers this morning, but the sun is back out so the fish are calling my name.

Wishing you all a wonderful summer or winter
and have a
Good Morning…   Good Afternoon…   Good Night…
What ever it is to you.

Photos & Words
by
Here I Am/Carrie

25 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

your blooms are gorgeous! love the poppies and daisies best. your cat is gorgeous, too! i hope she can keep weight on and remain healthy. the canoe story made me chuckle. :)

NITA said...

As always great pictures. Lovely flowers and great looking cat.

Have a good week. Hugs Nita

Horst in Edmonton said...

Hi Carrie, you have such wonderful flowers and an awesome garden. Glad you can get away for some great rest and fishing. Hope you back gets better soon.

Peace said...

I love this post... makes me smile!
Love that giant net, you got a big fish in there! Joking! :-) Beautiful Garden, take care with your back Carrie. Mei

GreatGranny said...

I really enjoyed what I got to see, like top half of Wildflower and some beautiful flowers. I'll have to come back later as my laptop is quite warm and internet is slow.

john bord said...

It is always such fun to visit your blogs.
Rolling on the dock, sounds like me when I was using a walker to get around. One does not just hop around and stand up or sit without some contortions and gyrations.

Becky said...

The flowers are so colorful. I just love it. Every plant looks so happy. Do you ever wonder why we want to "get away"? I am going to take a vacation half-day today myself.

Leovi said...

Wonderful, a nice series of photos of florres, it really is paradise, Greetings.

goatman said...

It is that tension in the shoulders that you accumulate. Maybe let him go alone next time and just clean and eat the fish?
Just passing through your pretty blog.

Michael (Light-In-A-Box) said...

Hello Carrie, thanks for sharing, I always look forward each year to seeing your beautiful flowers & garden. Wow thats an awesome way to get a blog done, at the lake!
My cat is 15, a year younger than yours. He just recovered from diabetes! He's used up several of his 9 lives..

Arlene said...

What a wonderful feast for the eyes Carrie, your flowers are simply breathtaking, and they are in such perfect condition, I'm afraid so much of my stuff is decimated by slugs, the bane of our life here, Absolutely loved your story of your fishing and having to roll out of the boat, that must have been a hoot, and it made you seem very human, and not a cyber being. I hope Wildflower [lovely name] will live on a few more years, I thoroughly enjoyed your blog, I must remember to tick the email box, it got unticked so didn't get word of your blog.automatically.

Nancy J said...

I found you after blogger sent your comment on Fotokarusellen to my email inbox, with others as well.Super flower photos, I am adding you to my blog list, your home and greenhouse building was great to read. So many thanks to a blogger blunder, otherwise I would not have known . Cheers from Jean.

Daniel LaFrance said...

Good to find your blog. Somewhere along the line I lost your blog.

Anyhow, your pics are full of colour and cheery. Last time I saw some of your pics it was just snow everywhere. lol

Hope you are keeping well.

Daniel

Michiko Johnson said...

Dear Carrie,
What is lovely time your bloomen summers flowers are all ways with for wonderful with for wonderful your lovely idea.
Your cat is 16 years old and she does look very populist apps for pets for was evident in February when the launched Queen.
You are well look after about water at the lawn with you are very happy well.
Your camping was very good looking wish Davis you both having are wonderful people with enjoy both our for as Thank you Carrie blogs hubby.

Heidi said...

Your garden and pics are gorgeous. So much beauty there. Enjoy the rest of your week...Heidi

ioan moldovan said...

All photos are amazing! The chicks are great!

Dianne ... Walking In His Grace said...

Carrie your flower gardens look amazing. Such Beautiful surroundings of such vivid Blooms. I could spend hours among them with my camera. All your hard work paid off. Love your flower collage, and what a great way to do a blog. That would sure inspire me. And sounds like you are so organized with the watering with timers. :)

Wildflower looks fantastic. So glad she was able to get back home in her own surroundings. She is a survivor for sure.

Sounds like quite the fishing story. I think you are wise in fishing from shore, after such an unpleasant fishing trip in the canoe. Glad you made it back to shore safely, and I do hope your back is better.

Seems summer is just flying by way to quickly, like it always does.
Thank you for dropping by the other day. It is always nice hearing from you.

Take care Carrie
Hugs Dianne :)

Connie said...

Carrie, your flowers are beautiful! My flowers were really stressed with the heat and lack of rain. It's raining again, so some are coming out of it and growing and blooming again.

Sorry your back gives you issues.

Jana said...

Carrie, your flowers, garden and your log house always make me happy and I truly enjoy looking at your photos and lovely writing. The fishing story with your hubby put smile on my face. :)
hug jana.
PS: thank you for stopping by my site. I am not posting, my life is keeping me busy but hopefully I will post soon.

Hope said...

its always so peaceful visiting here with you.. your flowers are forever fragrant.. what a blessing you are.. and how so very blessed you are to life where you do and how you do..
blessing my dear friend.. soft hugs

Friend of HK said...

Your garden looks stunningly beautiful! I love the colours and the layers of plants, very artistic! I am glad to have found your blog.

Ramblingon said...

Oh Carrie, how beautiful. Just beautiful. The work that went into making this glorious garden has been so worth it, my friend.

I loved Wildflower being included with the flowers. It grieves me that the precious little girl is succumbing to her age and what comes with it. She is a beautiful little girl and I am so grateful to you for making her life good. I still remember when she was lost..it gripped my heart. There are appetite enhancing meds in pill form, relativly inexpensive and can be given in Greenies Pill Pockets. Those taste like treats. that she may benefit from as she is getting old now to try to sustain herself with a natural diet.

Please, give her my love and a kiss on her dear head for me?

Michiko Johnson said...

Hi Carrie!
Your well look after she was a wild Cat When you took her in 16 years ago and has always a nature died in stead of cat food. I thought was lovely cat.
All thinking about Ramblingon Katie
was too.

RedWillow ~ a Beauty seeker said...

I cant even tell you how much I like this blog. I loved it all. All the flowers . I can just almost feel the scent as well. Carrie Gorgeous.
Just Gorgeous.

La sonrisa de Hiperión said...

Llevo una temporada que no consigo sacar ni un segundo para pasar por los blogs amigos. En todo caso, por aquí ando. Pronto me pondré al día. Estupendas las fotos que nos has dejado.

Saludos y buena tarde.