Links to page Catagories

March 10, 2012

Contrasting Winter Worlds

I am blessed to be able to enjoy two different contrasting winter worlds.  It’s been a while since arriving here at our winter home near the Salton Sea in California.  Life is so different in not only how my surroundings look, but also in how my days are filled.

I don’t have internet connection and thought I would be spending more time creating a book from my blog God's Garden of Nature and organizing of photos along with refinishing some furniture. 

After only a couple weeks here my right upper arm and shoulder was in such pain from over use here I couldn’t even take photos or do almost any work at all with my arm let alone extend it out for any computer work for almost 3 weeks.  So all my projects had to be put aside giving me lots of time for long walks every day and line dancing lessons once a week as well as a very busy social life.  We have been hitting all the flea markets and garage sales that are here every Saturday adding more needed items to the house or outside.  My body is finally getting back into shape.

My arm is feeling better and I am now able to extend it out for short periods, but am trying to keep what I do limited.  Hubby was getting tired doing all my work as well as his.  But I do think he has a more understanding just how much I do to keep the house going.  I may have damaged my ligaments in my upper arm and it will take quite a while to mend.  I also believe it’s God’s way of keeping me away from this computer so I spend more time being social and getting exercise by walking and keeping up with my yoga.  But I do feel a blog here was well over due.  I also apologize for not visiting as I don’t have internet connection and once my arm is much better will try and make my rounds to visit everyone one evening thru the local library with their wireless. 

As I haven’t been able to take many photos with my sore arm I have used a couple of photos from years before as I wanted to show contrast in my two different worlds.  So if you see my dog Buster, as you may remember he passed away a few years ago or any other photos you may have previously seen before.

We have had no adventures yet, just sticking close to home which keeps us very busy and taking it a bit easy when it gets too hot.  So let me just show you how my winter home in the desert at the Salton Sea in California contrasts with winters at my home in British Columbia in Canada.

First there is the view from my window at the Salton Sea.  Not of very good job of stitching this photo together.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

The view from my window at our ranch up north.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

My homes are very different.  Yes I had seen my share of snow by the time we left to for the desert.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

We certainly enjoy the outdoors in both places.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

The wildlife may be a bit different, but I still have them right in our yard.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

No matter where I am my eyes are always drawn to reflections in the water.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

Exploring along the waterways at the Salton Sea or our creek at the ranch.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

The nature that surrounds me in both places along with the weather really shows the contrasts.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

How very different are my driveways at both homes. But coming home is always a good feeling in both places.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

We are still doing some shovelling only now it is for barnacles that we use for landscaping.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

I hope you enjoyed my winter world in contrast.

I miss you all and would like to say
“you have given me a place to come to that helps me laugh, cry, get inspired, think deeply, spur creativity, learn something, share in our sorrows, our triumphs and learn to be accepting in where life leads us as well as always staying grounded. So often I stray off my path but one of you out there always seems to blog about something to keep me going where I need to go. You are all such an inspiration to me. I have missed my visits with you dearly without internet.”

Thank you all for being here and being you. As many of our journeys are the climbing of the mountains in our lives, life here below sea level at our winter home sometimes drains me of my energy along with all the work and being in contact with people on a daily basis. I am a bit of a hermit. Yes it is warm and the sun shines every day and I am thankful, but I miss my mountains and solitude even with the snow. I have missed all of you very much this winter and look forward to my regular visits again when I am back on the internet at home in my valley in British Columbia.

Until then may we sit together and share the beautiful sunsets at the Salton Sea.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

And have a
Good Morning…   Good Afternoon…  Good Night…
What ever it is to you.

Photo and Words
by
Here I Am/Carrie

 

  

19 comments:

john bord said...

Hi.... keep the healing going

Greg said...

Good Sunday morning as I sip my morning coffee, reflect, look over our Ozark hills, and enjoy your sharing of your two worlds. It draws me back to my years in Oregon when we had a cabin in Oregon…Mountain life, evergreens, Sandy River in our backyard, and we could also just travel around to the east side of Mount Hood to the high desert of eastern Oregon.
Who would have thought I would have become such a “woodsy’ character” after being a young man who wanted all the things of big city life in Los Angeles. He, our God, has a way of changing us into enjoying His creation… Life’s simple pleasures.I believe your book will be a sharing of our true hearts desires from a part of His creation. At least that is what I see in when you share. Thanks!Glad you are finding time to hike with the hubby and not more over-do. Our minds like for us to get things done right now. You, your hubby, and loved ones all be well. Safe travels…Gbird.

F.C. said...

So sorry to hear about your arm. There are some great all natural vitamins that could help you with pain and a quicker recovery if you'd like some more info I'd be happy to get you it. You can contact me via email from my profile page :) I love spreading the word about safe, natural ways to heal :)
You're very lucky to have 2 beautiful places to call home, and you have such great views at both of them. Love the photos!!
Best wishes can't wait to see and hear more :)

michiko--blogpost-blogspot.com said...

Thank you for very happy to me. I will see you more happy for you.

anniejanae said...

I hope your healing well, I like that you make good use of the time Carrie. Have missed your visits but certainly understand, seems having internet access so readily available can easily be taken for granted - until we find ourselves without it. Enjoy the sunshine, we had some here today, what a joy!

Lisa said...

Hi Carrie, I was by once before from my sisters in the Mountains. She is or has dial up and not all of your page would load . Its nice to sit back and read all your news and view your photos . I never get tired of seeing your photos . Your view is so beautiful . It sure comes from your hear and soul. Hope you feel better soon. Rest when you can and visit when and if you can .
Hugs to you down south.
Lisa

Rick said...

What a great way to highlight the contrasts - beauty from two completely different worlds ! Hope by now your healing has progressed well.

We're also blessed by being able to enjoy the beauty of Ontario and Florida - also studies in contrast.

Hope to see more soon.

Arti said...

So glad to see you back to blogging. And also feel good that your arm is getting better.
The contrast could not have been starker!
Beautiful pictures and the differences nicely captured!
Hope to more of you Carrie:)

Poppy said...

I hope your arm is much better now Carrie. I love the photos here of the two very different places you live in. :)

Light-In-A-Box said...

That certainly is a contrast of two very different places! Thanks for sharing both. I sure hope you are healing well. Take care & hope to see more of your beautiful landscapes.

Arti said...

Hope your arm is starting to get better now. Have a lovely Sunday Carrie:)

Lisa said...

Thinking about you . Happy Easter my friend.
Much Love

Mei said...

Happy Easter Carrie, take care!

Jackie said...

I enjoyed the beautiful pictures. Such a contrast of your 2 homes. Since you don't have internet,maybe you are writing a book!

Jane said...

I am messed up perhaps, I just posted a comment on your other blog? Do you have two now?
I told you about the Salton Sea and how we recently drove by on way to desert. How is the heat treating you. When we were there it was 95 to 100. Which is ok, but we came from much cooler temps as you. It knocked our socks off.

Michiko Johnson said...

Hi Carrie,
hope you have enjoy weeks ...
your healing has progressed well.
I am getting a better now.
Michiko

Here I Am/Carrie said...

Thank you everyone for your visits and well wishes. I am now back at the ranch in British Columbia Canada for the summer. Oh it feels so good to watch spring emerge here. My arm is much better, but in all the work leaving California and packing, then 3 days sitting in a car, then unpacking, I have strained my back again so just taking it a bit slow. As soon as I get settled will try and get a blog out. Til then I will be by to see you all soon. Hugs Carrie

VancouverBanshee said...

Hey Carrie and Gunter,

Just checking in to see how things are. I see that you are back on our side these days. Let us know if you are ever down our way.. we'd love to see you.

Cheers Niamh and Tom and Marie ...

My Grama's Soul said...

Hi Carrie...It is June as I am commenting on this post....didn't know you came down my way somewhat in the winter. Your spot at the Salton Sea is lovely.....have a wonderful summer in British Columbia.

Jo