Links to page Catagories

October 4, 2012

Goodbye to Autumn Beauties

My sunflowers with your bright smiling faces
you kiss the sky.
With stalks so strong, reaching up ever so high.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

You come in many sizes and shapes,
with colors shining like the sun.
Making every day you were here a summer filled with fun.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

You opened your hearts to the insect world,
providing nectar for all that came.
Always attracted by your brilliant flame.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

Your intricate folds and designs ever changing
as you put on a new face every day,
knowing that you could not forever stay.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

As the season changes your glorious face begins to fade.
Replaced by seeds of life, soon to be laid.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

Now feeding birds and squirrels alike,
happiness and food again you bring.
So faded is your face, but seeds you provide till spring.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

So even though your smiling faces are gone,
a part of your memory will always remain,
knowing when summer comes you will smile again.
Author Here I Am/Carrie

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

In Loving Memory

Also gone forever in this season of life is Wildflower.
1996-September 24th 2012

She faded away to sleep forever cradled in my arms.
Over the rainbow she went to forever hunt
in fields filled with mice.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

Fall is here and the season is truly changing.  The trees are loosing leaves more due to lack of water at this time.  We so could use some rain in our area.
It’s been a very hectic past few weeks with hubby injuring his neck and being out of commission for a week or so, then I was gone 6 days to a family wedding where I was caught up in lots of work and constant running around in my vehicle, then home to deal with Wildflower and a couple days of out of town appointments. 

We had our 1st problem with a bear in 20 years.  I am sure it was the young one I chased off last spring.   He invaded our fruits tree one night without our knowledge getting a taste of the forbidden fruit.  So he came back every night.  We did pick all the eating apples then, but had left the crab apple tree.  He had already broken fences, a gate and many branches on the trees.   My hubby spent 2 nights in the vehicle parked, the first night just shot over his head, but when he returned the next night he tried to shot at him, but the bear ran away into the night.   As there really are not any apples left on the tree, I don’t think he will be back any more this fall, however he now will be a problem and will have to be eliminated.  The damage he does to the fruit trees is too extensive. 

As the days have been so beautiful sunny and just warm enough with cold frosty nights I am finally feeling all the tension from the past few weeks leave me to enjoy the peace and quiet I so need here at the ranch.  My body is feeling the aches and pains again from harvesting and preparing garden beds for the winter.  However the time spent outside breathing the fresh air and feeling the sun on body still makes it all worth while.

May you also find peaceful times to recharge
and have a
Good Morning…   Good Afternoon…   Good Night…
What ever it is to you.

Photos & Words
by
Here I Am/Carrie

25 comments:

Nancy J said...

Remembering your Wildflower, you held her with love in your heart, and your arms. beautiful photos . Sunflowers have so many shades, sizes and varieties, lovely even when the seeds show. Greetings from Jean

TexWisGirl said...

i am sorry you lost your sweet kitty. the bear trouble is worrisome. the flowers, however, are just full of color and beauty.

Horst in Edmonton said...

Sorry to here about your kitty cat Wildflower. You collages of the Sunflowers are beautiful. Have a great weekend.

john bord said...

durn bears

cool pics

Penny Whiteway said...

What fabulous photos, Carrie. I love sunflowers and you have an exceptional crop.
I am saddened to read of Wildflower's demise but I know she had a long and happy life.
What a concern the bear must be. Stay safe and take care. Pen.

NITA said...

Hi Carrie,

You have had your share of problems and heartache, pleased you now feel peaceful and rested.

Hugs Nita

Becky said...

What a wonderful farewell to summer and a touching memorial to Wildflower.

I commiserate about the harvesting and the fruit thieves.

May it be a long fall of slow peaceful days leading to renewal of spirit.

GreatGranny said...

It's so sad to hear about your little Wildflower. She new she was loved as you held her. I hope your hubby's neck is on the mend.
Those are pretty Sunflowers and a lovely poem. I wonder if y'all ever eat the seeds as well as share with the wildlife.
Be safe.

Leovi said...

I like the beauty of these mosaics of these flowers, wonderful color too!. Greetings.

Daniel LaFrance said...

Bold and brilliant series of floral photos!

Sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose a loved one.

I know some folks attach cans stringed together on fruit trees to create noise. If the bear is skittish, s/he might scamper off.

Happy to know you tracked me down. Was wondering if you decided to give up on the blogging past time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of your work on this web page. I am looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

Arlene said...

Such a beautiful bouquet of flowers you have given us Carrie, the colours are magnificent, radiating sunshine with every petal, I do so love golden hued blossoms. So sorry to hear about Wildflower, Take comfort in the knowledge that you gave her a good life when she chose to be with you.

Daily Dose of Musings said...

Love sunflowers. They grow strong and proud and tall, and they're entirely unapologetic for it.

A good friend will live forever in your heart. So sorry for the loss of your four legged furry companion. Losing a loyal friend is hard, but your sweet memories will comfort you.

Daily Dose of Musings said...

I hope that your Hubby is back on his feet and is recovery well from his back pain. And you... I hope you are doing much better too!

RedWillow ~ a Beauty seeker said...

What extortionary beauties Carrie. Each one is lovely in its own way and your words always fill me and leave me with so much to think about.
Hugs to you my dear friend. xoxo. <3

stephen craig rowe said...

Dear Carrie, The combination of photographs and words is explicit and the message is clear. Do not play with bears. Sorry about the loss of Wildflower. Love your photos and as ever be well

mystafied said...

Hi Carrie
So sorry to read of your loss of Wildflower. Bur here's to when you guys will be reunited again!

Big hugs to you my very talented friend x

Michael (Light-In-A-Box) said...

Wow Carrie, sounds like you have had a real busy time lately! Sorry for the loss of your furry friend, rest in peace Wildflower. Beautiful pictures, well done! : )

Scott said...

You have such a way with your montages, always very pretty. Sorry for the loss of your dear kitty.

Dianne ... Walking In His Grace said...

Your collages are so incredibly Beautiful with such a variety of sunflowers. You photograph them so well, and I must say you do them justice.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Wildflowers. Yes, she lived a good life but will be missed. This was a beautiful tribute to her.

Sorry also to hear of your bear problems. Hopefully he wont come back.

You have had a busy time of it and it is good that you can now have a little down time to be creative again and be out and about with your camera, and just enjoying peaceful moments.
Hope hubby is feeling much better too.

Sorry it took so long for me to get here. Seems I don't have as much time on my computer these days. But I always enjoy your creative writing, and amazing photos when I do get here.
Take care and have a wonderful weekend, Carrie
Hugs, Dianne :)

Gayle said...

Your sunflowers are stunning. I didn't grow any this past summer and I sure missed them.

happyflowerwordzoo002 said...

Sorry for the loss of Wildflower. Cats are such a blessing and a presence.

As Happy Flower I enjoyed snacking on the flower photographs. Your camera seems to capture such joy. Flowers seem not to be shy around you, willing to sit for portraits.

Thank you for visits to wordzoo002. I looked at this blog site and other site to see how/where to buy your book. I realise one was a personal book. I am grateful for such praise wrt spelling and such. That is great kindness. I do not find your use of words
to be without talent displayed.

For me it is your words + pictures which combine for I think one without the other would be just a photo gallery.

I'll be back
God Bless

Michiko Johnson said...

I am very sorry to hear your little wild flower's demise.
you must has problems and heartache but you need have at the ranch the fresh air with your body make you back to soon.
Thank you for coming my place.
You take car your self I will be back soon.

Lisa Gordon said...

Carrie,
Your mosaics are beautiful. So much wonderful color.

I am so sorry about Wildflower. They do become such a part of our lives.
xo.

GreatGranny said...

Hi, Carrie, just wanted to thank you for visiting and commenting, adding to the info. There's so much to read and learn about these wretched evil doings. It is pure evil poisoning our food. I hope very one listens and buy organic. Even then you have to read closely.
Thank you as well about posting the websites. I didn't know how, just hoping all would copy and read.