Links to page Catagories

October 7, 2013

September Camping, Harvest and Sunflowers

 After a summer of work finally got away for a short camping trip with friends in early September.  Of course I picked days I knew the weather would be beautiful and hot.  So for 5 glorious days we enjoyed our waterfront campsite and hubby enjoyed his fishing.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

I did say waterfront campsite even with our own dock.
Our outdoor living area was set up near it.  The views were forever changing.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

Also I enjoyed the chance to use my new camera.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

I love using the panorama on my camera,
it always provide a better view sometimes on the scene.
This is at the end of the dock looking at our motorhome and camp area.

Photo by Here I Am Carrie

Trying out more of the settings on my camera
as well as a little floating with my i-pod. 

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

This was Sheba's first camping trip.  She was so good and never had to be on a leash.  We had other friends camping with us as well and she seems always more comfortable when there is more of our friends around.  However when they all left after a few days, she would hide under our motorhome and often growl at other dogs or people passing by.  She also loved the water, not to swim in, but loves laying in it.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

There wasn’t to much waterfowl in the lake at this time of the year,
but lots of birds eating from the cattails.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

Often sitting in the chair my eyes would roam around to things I could snap a photo of.  Was nice to sit and relax for short periods.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

I tried to get up early a few morning to catch the fog coming off the lake.
But there wasn’t much there this time as I had seen in the past.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

Well upon returning home from camping went right back to work as it was time to start harvesting our fruit.  Our trees were loaded this year.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

There is plenty more in another room.  One more apple tree to pick as well.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

Along with the fruit there were onions and potatoes to get out of the garden.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

Now the canning and making of jams begins. 

Facebook1 (800x556)

September is the month my sunflowers smile.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

I start many varieties from seeds in the greenhouse in the spring.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

I love seeing their smiling faces all around the yard and garden.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

The first hard frost has finally hit and most my sunflowers are now gone.

Photos by Here I Am Carrie

Was hoping to get out camping one more time, but we are having the worst weather with so much rain.  Just can’t seem to get a 5 day window of just sunshine.  Really don’t have the time to get away again, maybe I am just dreaming.  I am tired again these days without the sun and heat to keep my batteries charged.  More and more I find I am falling behind in things I used to stay on top of.  I think often of the days when we had no TV or internet  or even local radio and how I managed everything.  But also in those days we would go long periods without seeing or talking to anyone unless we went into town.  I had very little social life as there was no way to communicate with friends or family.  We had no phone then and still don’t, but the world has opened up to us filling our time with TV, internet, e-mails and Skype.  Oh I almost forgot it just dawned on me were so much of my time goes.  My hobby photography…..

Quit complaining….

So as the colors of fall begin to change
I hope for a renewed energy that it always brings.

P1070068 (800x499)

May you find renewed energy in your everyday life
and have a
Good Morning…   Good Afternoon…  Good Night…
What ever it is to you..

Photos & Words
by
Here I Am Carrie

 

 

 

19 comments:

john bord said...

Nice pics

Joe said...

Holey moley! You've had some active picture taking time...I wish I could say the same. I think we missed our window for late camping here but I've got your post to show me some wonderful fall scenery! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy J said...

Wow, look at your R.V. and all that produce, pics are great, and I am so glad you had some time away. What a wonderful place to be. Greetings from Jean.

Gerry Adams said...

Very nice pics!

Gin G said...

Glad to see the results of your hard work this summer and the lovely vacation photos. I like the new camera as well as the layout on this grouping of photos.

Shaye walsh said...

Hey, I can’t seem to find an email address. Can you email me back to ask you a question?
–Shaye
shayewalsh1@gmail.com

munchow said...

What a fantastic camp site you had found! And those pictures are simply gorgeous (included the ones captured after you got back again).

Nancy J said...

Hi Carrie, I am entering a competition, for travel, sponsored by GoPro. Would you please email me a photo, as my entry will include a slide show of my friends' places, or can I download one from your blog? It closes early December, but I need lots of time to do it properly, huge competition form other entries, some are amazing with their ideas. email is on my blog, or
jeanmck@clear.net.nz
is easier maybe.I'm ever hopeful.
Greetings from Jean. p.s. guess you are having colder days now and autumn colour in all the leaves.

Michael (Light-In-A-Box) said...

That is awesome, waterfront camping, I sure would enjoy that myself! That is quite a harvest you have there, lots of work but very rewarding. Great photos, hope you are enjoying your new camera. : )

Buttons said...

Oh Carrie I love your new camera shots too it does a wonderful job with your superb eye for beauty. I would have loved sitting on that lake.
Lots of produce that is wonderful it is a lot of work but so worth it in the end. Wish I lived closer:)
You are right about how things got done more when there was no such thing as the internet or TV but I have to admit I love both now. Take care and 10:30 in the morning over the mountains sounds beautiful to me. Hug B

Leovi said...

Delicious pictures, I love that nice place, very pretty!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely post, in photos and words. Your campsite looks so wonderful and peaceful and look at all of your produce. WOW!

The cooler weather is giving me more energy too and I am so thankful for that.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

P.S. ~ I couldn't find an email addy here so will add, thank you for your kind comment on my blog.

We don't have to worry about snow down here. Upcoming is our wonderful time of year to garden and do outdoor things. I hope you were able to get things done before your first snow.

My dear husband couldn't resist good stuff curbside. We had started to clear some of it out, and before he left this planet, he told me to get rid of the junk and that is what I am working on along with creative projects and general keeping up the place as best I can. There's always something that needs to be done, so I'm not bored that's for sure. I just MISS my husband terribly that's all.

I know there are rusty treasures hidden here and other ones too that I'll come across as I go through the junk. We found a LOT of great stuff through the years, and I can't quit looking or occasionally bringing something home that I have found curbside myself. :-) We used some in building things around here and we also sold some. Our husbands would have had some things in common.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

NatureFootstep said...

a great collection of images. :)

Michiko Johnson said...

Your photos show us so many different seasons. They are so colourful and the campsite are very different. The beginning of the jam making is very interesting as well. The autumn colours are so vibrant as well as contrasting colours. The house and old barn certainly have good memories and the scenery is beautiful, let alone the outlook. The fresh produce and the old kettle bring back memories of the good old times.
Thankyou for visiting my place and look forward to visiting your place again.You don't always have to use a camera but can picture memories in your mind.
Hope you get everything done before the winter closes in. We are going into our summer time the weather will be hot.
Hugs from Michiko

Lisa RedWillow~ a Beauty seeker said...

wow.. Just wow. Gorgeous..You and your new camera are one already. It takes me awhile to get used to anything new. Loved my visit here as well.
Lisa xo

marciento said...

Hi Carrie! Beautiful post.
I greet and wish you a happy November.

http://marciento.wordpress.com/2013/11/01/november-listopad/

Heidi said...

Beautiful pics!...Look like you had a wonderful trip.
Greetings,
Heidi

goatman said...

The new camera is serving well. Nice crisp shots with great color.

We usually pick a couple of shots from each trip to frame and hang in the house. Rememberances.