Links to page Catagories

August 2, 2011

Cooking with Carrie Cool Summer Treats

During the heat of the summer nothing is better for cool summer treats then the use of lots of berries.  I usually keep bags of frozen berries from the previous summer to help make these delicious treats all thru the summer as my berries get ripe so late in the summer.

Mid day shake for something light and nutritional.

In you blender add 1 cup juice of any kind
                              1 cup soya or almond milk
                              1 portion of your favourite green drink mix
                              green drink mixed are powders fill with all
                              kinds of vegetables and fruits and other
                              nutrients.
                              1 banana
                              1 cup frozen berries of choice

Blend until creamy Cooking with Carrie

It may not look pretty, but tastes delicious and is nutritional.

Cooking with Carrie

 

 Here’s a cool light fruit desert or afternoon treat.

In a mixing bowl or fancy glass dish layer
                                     1 cup chucked melon of choice. 
                                     1 banana cut into chunks
                                     1 apple cut into chunks
                                     1 cup berries of choice
                                     1 nectarine cut into chunks
                                     1/2 cup walnut crumbles
                                     1 cup vanilla yogurt
                                     Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut
                                     Tbsp. mashed lemon

Cooking with Carrie

Toss just before serving to mix all ingredients.
Now here is a nutritional desert that is cool and light.

Cooking with Carrie

My berries are ripe and the picking begins.

Wishing everyone a cool summer filled with lots of berries
and a
Good Morning… Good Afternoon…   Good Night…
Whatever it is to you

Photos & Words
by

Here I Am/Carrie

10 comments:

Kaya said...

Carrie, these are very delicious pictures. It is so hot and dry in Utah right now that I am going to try one of this cooling and delicious deserts. I am inspired by a cool light fruit desert and I am going to make it tomorrow. It's very tempting. Thank you for a nice recipe.

Great and fantastic photography!!! Carrie, I am not sure I would be able to create such wonderful images.

Great post and fantastic photography!

Greetings from Kaya

Faith said...

We have started drinking almond milk too-
you don't only live a simple life but a beautiful life.
Please continue to post it on fb. Vera

michiko said...

I am impressed with all your photography AND you can make a good foods with Yummy healthy desert as well though your hubby is a lucky man.
Have a nice day.

Light-In-A-Box said...

Oh gosh Carrie! I'm just having lunch, now I strangly require desert! & maybe a midday healthy shake! Looks great, thanks for the tips!

mystafied said...

Hi Carrie
These a real real treat to look at.
I love healthy foods and I'm going to add your recipe to my list if that's ok?

I love you way you captured the colour, your DoF is gorgeous!
And I love how you also captured your gorgeous house in the backgroud.
Absolutely stunning photography Carrie !

Thanks for sharing Carrie !

Lisa RedWillow said...

This looks so good Carrie. We had some fresh Saskatoons we picked here and some a friend brought from his garden.
Lovely blog
Hugs

Leovi said...

All a delight to cool and feed in summer.

GreatGranny said...

All this delectable smoothie and dessert mixture makes me want to go to the kitchen for my Vita mixed fruit ice cream. I never measure the stuff, just throw in what looks right. The photos are great.
I'm trying to get caught up now that my internet stick is behaving.

Janie2 said...

Carrie,
YUM, by the way check my blog as I listed you in the "sweet award" for your blog. I am new at this so hope I did it correctly.

Joan Langford Bunney said...

Hi Carrie! I LOVE your blog! Your recipes and your fotos! YOU are so talented,kudos! Wanted to stop by and let U and Gunter know I've moved to Austin TX. Minda (my daughter), her husband moved here before me. I've just been here a month. I love it heat and all! Minda & Peter are pregnant with a baby girl. She's due in late November, around dad's birthday. We are estatic. I'll let you know when she arrives. Her name is Simone. ;-> I cannot wait! Love to U and Gunter. xo Joan